Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Legs on backwards

I have to be realistic, there is no way I'm going to be able to write a blog every day. Mostly that's because nothing interesting happens at work. The trouble with not working in an office is that I can't happily write tales of my terminally incompetent collegues. As far as I'm aware most of my collegues are competent. I can't even write about terminally incompetent suppliers/customers. My customers (and suppliers, I suppose) are the mums having the babies - a lot of them don't know what they are doing but that's not very interesting most of the time.

Anyway, I worked a late shift (1pm - 9pm) yesterday on the post-natal ward and the only thing of note was there was a baby with malrotation of the hips on the ward. That means that apparently it looked like his legs were on backwards. I say apparently because I didn't have a ligitamate reason to go see this baby and I couldn't exactly go up to his mum and say 'Excuse me, I heard you have a deformed baby and I want a look'. That wouldn't be professional.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home