Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Monday, September 06, 2004

*Hup!*

Just dragging this blog off the bottom of the SimonG blog list where it is only just being saved from gathering dust at the bottom of the pile by PaulV's blog. No excuses - I just couldn't be ostriched to blog for a while.

Adam & I had a busy 'ole weekend. On Saturday we went to the Goodwood Revival - an event we would never have been to if it wasn't for Rich's blog about the Goodwood Festival of Speed earlier in the year. I have been what you might call a 'lazy' motor racing fan for many years - i.e. if it was on terrestrial TV when I was in, I watched it, but I never went to an actual racing circuit (except Silverstone, once). When I was a teenager this meant I saw a variety of types of racing as they showed a lot in those days, but nowadays it means I just watch F1. And not F1 very much this year due to a certain driver who keeps winning everything *yawn*. Anyway it was fab, if hot, and we'll probably be going to the Festival of Speed next year. We had to get up at 5am to stand the best chance of not being stuck in (too much) traffic but it was well worth it.

Sunday saw us heading way out west again to Berkshire to meet up with some fellow cachers, including, amongst others, Omally and Paul G0TLG. It was hot again and I was keen to avoid what happened at the Oxford cache bash so we took it easy and just did 4 caches. Another fab day watching Paul getting thoroughly soaked by lots of small people with super-soakers and Omally showing everyone how space hopping is done.

Lastly, I am trying for the sympathy vote. Ever since I hurt my back a little while ago the pain has been coming and going. The last couple of days my mystery allergy has come back which is hell every time I sneeze. Owwwwww! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home