Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Sunday, February 22, 2004

New, shiny and green

We went car shopping yesterday. Mostly it all went to plan and produced nothing blog-worthy. We knew what we wanted ('like our old car but newer, please') and they had one. The car was green which pleased me - normally such things as the colour wouldn't bother me but I've had 3 cars and all of them were red so I fancied a change. We test drove it - all was peachy.

Then the car salesman chappy wanted to inspect our current car as we wanted to part-exchange it. He went off to do so armed with a huge sheet of paper full of tick boxes to fill in. This surprised us because, as far as either us can remember, when we were in the same position about 5 years ago, all the car got was a cursory glance and 'we'll give you £500 for it'.

The reason this concerned me was, we had been geocaching in the Yorkshire Dales a couple of weeks ago and the car had got filthy inside and out. I'd got around to cleaning the outside but the inside was full of mud that had come off our walking boots. When the saleman chappy came back he didn't say anything about the mud but I could just tell he was thinking what awful, dirty, low-lives we must be and not at all the sort of customers he normally got in his nice, clean car showroom. Glancing across the desk at the sheet of paper he had filled in I could see the word 'Dirty' written in several places on it. I was so embarrassed.

Anyway, we bought the nice, shiny green car and I am going to vacuum the inside of the current car before I go to pick up the new one. Daft, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home