Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Toffee, footballs and vomit

A busy and fairly blog-worthy day was had yesterday. I had to go into town to do a few errands and couldn't resist popping into my Favourite shop. I had noticed on their website that they had a new product so I wanted to see if it was in the shops yet. They did - its toffee and chocolate scented and smells good enough to eat. I nearly drooled over it in the shop. I bought two.

Back home my next task was to, erm, mumble, vacuum out the car. It only took a few minutes, honestly. I then cleared out the junk from various crevices within the car. The glove box yielded many interesting items such as 5 years worth of tax discs, a couple of tapes I thought I'd lost (Evita & Chicago) and a half eaten bag of cola bottles. This all took place to the sound of some little oik kicking his ball against the end wall of the house opposite. The rhythmic thud, thud, thud made me want to strangle the little c**t. It went on for well over an hour and I could still hear it when I went indoors. Why couldn't he do what other kids of his age do at half term and stare at the box, or play on his Xcubestation or whatever they have nowadays?

The rest of my afternoon was punctuated with one of our cats, Tasha, throwing up. I kept having to grab her and run into the kitchen with her before she hurled (the kitchen has a vinyl floor, the rest of the house has carpet, 'nuff said). A couple of times I didn't make it in time. Luckily she was OK after the fifth or sixth chuck, acting as if it never happened.

My evening was rather cathartic. My usual Wednesday evening rehearsals with my little am-dram group. I'm playing a wronged wife and the part involves a lot of shouting at my hapless 'husband'. A rather satisfying end to the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home