Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Catch up

Well dear reader, it's been a while since you and I last spoke and a few things have happened since then. Friday was my, rather anticlimactic, last day at work - i.e. I went to work, said 'bye' to a few people, went home, that was pretty much it.

Saturday, Adam & went geocaching and decided to do what is probably Kent's highest terrain-rated cache, Sugar Hill. The description says 'not suitable for wet weather'. It had rained the night before. Put off? Us? Nah. First we picked our way down a very slippery muddy path which was about 2 foot wide which went down for about 100m. Then we went up this stupidly steep and muddy hill - see the little white line up the side? That was the path. Well, we managed not to slide all the way back to the bottom, which was good as the hill was about 120m tall. The most stupid thing was - there was a much easier and safer way back via a footpath not marked on the map and the road. Oh well, it was a good viewpoint for a photo.

Sunday, at about 10pm, Adam decided to disconnect the washing machine as we were having a new one delivered the next day, on account of our old one issuing forth blue smoke the previous weekend. He found the two little taps on the feeder pipes to the washing machine had seized up, as had both the hot water and cold water stopcocks. Bum.

Monday, Adam decided to 'work from home' and made hurried phone calls to find a plumber who could get here before the new washing machine did. Luckily one could, and did, and I was left to clean up some foul smelling water that had spilled out of the hoses whilst Adam made a very long work phone call.

Today I finally got my joining instructions for university! I found out I am starting on Tuesday 22nd, not Monday 21st as previously informed, and I will spend 3 days a week in university on study weeks and 4 days a week in hospital on placement weeks. So I have decided to change my blog title in honour of me being nearly a student. It won't be long now before I irradiate perform a radiograph on my first patient!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home