Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It would all be so much better if it wasn't for the patients and the doctors...

This week has been an odd one so far.

1. I came face-to-face with an elderly gentleman in the changing cubicles who had put his hospital gown on the wrong way round, it was gaping open and he had no underwear on. Oh, my eyes.

2. An SHO came into the department requesting a portable barium swallow. OK, only a radiographer would understand that.

3. In the endoscopy theatre, a sedated patient spent most of the procedure letting out botty burps of amazing loudness and duration. And everyone in the theatre but me kept a straight face.

3 Comments:

  • My favourite is barium enema. But that's between me and the nurse

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 pm  

  • I warned you about #1 the other day, didn't I?

    By Blogger car01, at 8:05 pm  

  • Our instructors have already informed us about the whole gown problem. "Make sure to instruct the patient how to put on the gown" they told us "you would not believe the percentage who put it on incorrectly, and for some reason those are the patients who never want to wear underwear." Ha ha, now you have seen it first hand. I hope your eyes have healed by now.

    Dustin
    http://azx-raytechstudent.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Dustin, at 8:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home