Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Durovernum Cantiacorum

Every holiday needs a shopping trip! When we went to Canterbury on Tuesday, I realised it had been a very long time since I had last visited the city, and the shopping area has been completely redone, so we decided to go back there today.

The city has lots of quirky old buildings:



The cathedral gatehouse:



Unfortunately we couldn't get any closer to the cathedral than this, as they were charging £5 just to get into the cathedral precinct! Blooming cheek.

2 Comments:

  • Charging to get into churches makes me livid. I could have a real rant about that. It reminds me of the casting out of the mney-lenders ..

    There's a corner of the cloisters at Canterbury Cathedral where I had a real psychic experience - very spooky.

    By Blogger Jeangenie, at 10:31 pm  

  • At least at some cathedrals, they ask for a donation, so if you are sneaky you can get away with a few coppers.
    A.Cheapskate

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home