Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Just a little update

Thanks for the kind words on my last post guys - it really was appreciated.

Had my study day yesterday, still felt very miserable, brain in a total fog meant I did very little actual study. Only two weeks to go before my exam and essay hand-in so weekends and evenings are going to have to be utilised in getting my revision and essay writing done. Felt very guilty about feeling so sorry for myself after yesterdays two minute silence reminded me my problems are tiny compared to many people's.

Today my head has cleared sufficiently for me to have a good day at placement which has gone some way to restoring my confidence in my own abilities. I have given myself permission to sod study tomorrow and get some therapeutic fresh air and exercise at the Kent Show which is always a fab day out.

As an interesting aside, I found this on the Oxford English Dictionary's website. I was especially interested to see that they can't find a reference in print to bouncy castles before 1986. I'm sure I played on bouncy castles in my childhood and, as I was 15 in 1986, I'm sure they existed before then. At least, I'm fairly sure I didn't play on a bouncy castle after the age of 15. Next time I'm at my parent's house I'm going to see if they have any old village fete programmes knocking about.

3 Comments:

  • I'm just a teensy bit older than you, but I don't remember ever seeing a bouncy castle until I was about 18 (1988). Having said that, I did have a fairly unconvential childhood.

    By Blogger car01, at 9:23 pm  

  • Aha! I can help here. We were married in 1984 (my Big Brother watched), and we'd both been on a bouncy castle before that - I think it was at a re-enactors' do at Newark in 1978.

    By Blogger Jeangenie, at 12:04 am  

  • Kent Show looks exciting. Have a great time.

    By Blogger silver horde, at 2:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home