Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Flowers!

We took advantage of a lovely sunny day in between nasty rainy days to visit Sissinghurst Gardens, where we saw lots of pretty flowers:





Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but we got in for free. Last Xmas, we bought my Mum & Dad National Trust membership, as a thankyou for feeding our cats when we had weekends away. Trouble is, at the time they were having serious problems with their computer system. I won't go into gory details but after several phone call, e-mails and even two faxes the membership was set up three months later. As a result of all that they somehow managed to send my parents three lots of membership cards, so I decided Adam and I deserved to keep one set for ourselves as compensation for all the hassle. It didn't stop both of us feeling really guilty about using them though!

2 Comments:

  • I used to just borrow my parents' cards. Nobody seems to mind, and besides, some NT places can be a bit costly. I am really envying your Kentish tour.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:11 pm  

  • I bought NT membership for my trip to England last year and only went to one property! Unfortuntely it expired just before my trip this year! I didn't bother to renew it and again we only went to one NT property this year too. Bodium Castle E. Sussex. It was great fun there until 4 coach loads of East European tourists flooded the small castle!! I used to think it was well worth the money when I lived in the UK!
    ttfn
    Jane

    By Blogger silver horde, at 5:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home