Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Some ways to be an ostrich

Gosh, has it really been that long since I last did a proper blog entry? Oh well, I'm here now.

I'm on placement again, trying to complete 20 unaided x-rays and 6 assessed x-rays, and trying not to worry about the 6 essays, with a combined word count of 9500, that I have to hand in just after the new year.

The sys admin at the hospital is such an ostrich. He thinks he knows more than anyone else about computers and thinks he know more about radiography than he does. He announced today, in a loud voice so everyone could hear, that he doesn't use broadband because you get more viruses than using dial-up. Good job I wasn't drinking anything at the time.

He also thinks he is more important than he really is. He told us that he has been given express permission to report back to the placement supervisor if he sees us sitting down when we should be w**king. His preferred method of preventing us sitting down seems to be by occupying the chairs as much as possible himself.

3 Comments:

  • No, it's true. Broadband uses bigger cables, so those big fat viruses can get down them. Also dial-up, as the name suggests, is uphill, so the weak viruses get puffed out and have to stop halfway.

    It's true, I tell you.

    By Blogger Paul, at 7:28 pm  

  • Sounds like your Admin fellow needs some subtle sabotage carried out to his workstation.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 pm  

  • I've decided to go for the quiet life, secure in the knowledge I could do his job blindfold.

    Well, not literally blindfold as I wouldn't be able to see the screen.

    By Blogger Lisa & Adam, at 9:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home