Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Tumbleweed

Gosh - just realised how long ago my last blog was. I don't suppose anyone noticed my absence but, still, I guess I need to explain why. I haven't been terribly motivated to write as events have conspired to make me not the happiest of bunnies.

1) I did some night shifts last week which mess up my body clock and make me feel tired and grumpy. I've got to do something about this.
2) Adam hasn't been feeling well.
3) I've been really busy with normal work, charity work and lots of rehearsals as the play is this Friday/Saturday.
4) rehearsals are more stressful than they should be as we have a young lad (I'll call him Steve) new to the group. Poor lad was rather chucked in the deep end as we gave him a massive part that no-one else available to do this play was suitable for. Trouble is, he's still having major troubles with his lines and had to keep referring to his script in Monday's dress rehearsal. I know its only a little village hall thing, played to only about 100 people, and we aren't that serious, but its still causing a certain amount of tension in the air. Steve is very apologetic and has taken this week of work to study his lines (bless 'im) so I really hope this evening's rehearsal (I know, the dress is supposed to be the last rehearsal but we do everything differently) goes better.

On a happier note, I've taken this week off work too and I went to London yesterday for a bit of retail therapy. I spent a happy time sniffing stuff in Lush's sister shop B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful, bought some perfume and accidentally bought a few things in the next door Lush too. My trip happened to coincide with me being paid dividends from the shares the bank kindly gave me when I worked for them, so I can afford a few treats right now. I think I feel a mail order coming on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home