Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Social Pariah

I feel guilty. I think I was flashed by a speed camera this evening. It was the little yellow blighter just down the road from our house. I never bother checking my speed going past that one as its fairly close to the junction and I thought I didn't have didn't have room to get up to 30mph. I checked the speedo when I saw the flash and it showed 36mph, so that's 33 or 34mph taking into account the positive bias on speedos.

Thing is, its only just happened, and I've no idea whether I'll even get a ticket, but I feel as if I have a big sign on the car now saying 'this person is a reckless and irresponsible driver'. I mean, it can't happen to me. I've never had so much as a parking ticket in 14 years of driving. I'm one of the 80% of people that are better than average drivers. I passed the driving test I took when I was applying for a job as an ambulance technician with flying colours. Stu and Sarah will vouch for my driving skills. OK, I hit the kerb a couple of times but I'm wasn't used to the way the car handles with twice the usual number of people on board. Honest.

I suppose I better prepare for the worst - how much does a speeding fine cost nowadays?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home