Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Looking up

Not feeling so bad now, have been busy whittling down my to-do list - amazing what a deadline (hols - Saturday - yay!) can do for your motivation.

Trouble with being busy is I have not given more than a cursory glance to most of the blogs mentioned to my left - this is annoying as, when I finally read what I missed, I am bound to have an insightful comment or two about a log that was written so long ago that my comment will never be noticed.

Adam and I had a nice restful weekend away from the to-do list, visiting his parents in Norwich. I have been noticing lately a tendancy in Kent for, no sooner do I have a good idea for somewhere to put a cache, then someone else beats me to it before I get a chance to do anything about it. Its now happening in, and near, Norfolk. Whilst we were there we kept an appointment with David aka 'globetrotter.uk' who had requested help finding a cache up a tree he was adopting. He had found it before but due to tree cover problems and the fact that several downed trees had changed the appearance of the area around the cache meant he couldn't find it when he went out to do a maintenance visit. No problems today - our GPSrs took us straight to the correct tree. It took us a little while to retreive the thing, the original owners had advised bringing a small child along for the purpose - an item we had been unable to provide at such short notice.

Task completed, Adam and I headed back to Norwich to spend the rest of the weekend eating, sitting in the sun and reading the Sunday papers. This week will hopefully see the completion of everything required for me to go on holiday with an untroubled mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home