Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

My bras are bust

Today I'm going to blog about one of the greatest torture devices ever invented by Man, for Woman. I'm talking about the dreaded Underwired Bra. Those ladies of small proportions amongst you may have not had to endure this most hideous of contraptions by getting away with non-wired bras, but us larger ladies usually find the scaffolding is essential. I don't know about anyone else but I have struggled all my adult life to find a bra that fits, is comfortable and performs its supporting role all at the same time. Get the wrong size and the wires either poke you under the arms or in the cleavage, or they ride up at the back or you get the dreaded 'four boob syndrome'.

Then there is the cost - a decent large size bra costs anything upwards of £20 and they just don't last long enough. Today at work I felt an odd stabbing pain in my chest and found the end of one of my bra wires had made a hole in my bra and was slowly working its way out of my bra in an upwards fashion, oddly. That's the second one this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home