Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Week one continued...

Days two and three were more of the same, except there was lots of hanging around partly due to people who were supposed to talk to us being snowed in, partly due to bad planning I think. Still, I got to spend time chatting to some of my new classmates - there are 20 of us and I have chatted to about half so far, plus a few nursing and occupational therapy students too.

Today was the first of two sessions introducing us to the IT in use by the uni. Lots is done via computer at the uni - most of the tutor-student communication, room bookings, progress and action plans, etc. We can even access all this at home - I have tried it and it all works (so far at least).

I had to laugh, though. We were told about next Tuesday's IT session for the first time today and when we were shown how to use the room booking database it listed the IT session as being next Thursday instead. I pointed this out to the tutor and she said "Ignore that, it's definitely on Tuesday". What's the point of a fabby IT system when the data on it is wrong? Oh, well, makes life interesting.

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like the computer system has excellent potential for messing with people's minds.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home