Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Friday, March 12, 2004

Keep those wagons scrolling

It was my birthday yesterday and a good time was had by all. Adam bought me tons of lovely-smelling Lush stuff and we spent the day in London geocaching again. This time we took a gentle stroll through London's parks starting in St James' Park, moving onto Green Park, then Hyde Park and finally Kensington Gardens, hoovering up the caches as we went.

We went to one of my favourite London restaurants in the evening, Navarro's, and got well fed and a little tipsy. The train home was one of those ultra modern jobbies with a huuuge toilet cubicle (presumably to fit a wheelchair in) and a scrolling message thingy in the carriage like they have in the newer underground trains. As I was a little tipsy I found myself staring at this thing, and after about 15 minutes of 'The next station is Otford' scrolling across the screen, I realised that Southeastern Trains have missed an opportunity. They could display the news headlines, some recipes or maybe some jokes.

The only thing that spoilt the day was coming home to find that Parcelfarce (sic) had tried to deliver a parcel despite me phoning them up on Wednesday to tell them there would be no-one here Thursday and would they please deliver Friday? How hard can that be? I think I spoke English when I phoned them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home