Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Materialism

I am a happier bunny today for the following reasons:

1) Steve came good last night with his lines - still some prompting needed but then, who doesn't? Atmosphere noticeably lighter.
2) Adam seems to be on the mend.
3) I finally managed to get my hand on some samples of perfume from my latest obsession, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. Occasionally they come up as swaps on the Lush forum but are snapped up within seconds. I have bagged myself at least 2, maybe 4, to try. I could order my own but its a small outfit and have a huge backlog of orders. Also they aren't cheap and there are shipping costs from Americaland to consider so I wanted to try a few first.

I'm quite pleased to have obsessions for things from places like Lush and BPAL, because if I didn't, I'd have an obsession for something else, food probably. Or something more expensive like clothes or shoes. Like a lot of women, I like to treat myself to something when I'm feeling down. Much better to spend a fiver in Lush to cheer myself up than £50 in a clothes shop. Also toiletries/cosmetics are only temporary (i.e. use them and they are gone) so they don't clutter the house up and cause me to agonise at some point in the future about whether to leave them gathering dust or throw them away.

Oh, I can now add a 4) the postie just turned up with 4 (yes, 4) packets of things I either bought off ebay or swapped for on the Lush forum. Definitely a happy bunny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home