Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Saturday, May 22, 2004

The Bad News and the Good News

The Bad News
I was merrily getting ready for work yesterday and put my back out. I wasn't doing anything particularly back-putting-outy but it happened nonetheless. I did this before about two years ago getting in the car but this was much worse. I was literally crying with pain. It felt like someone was stabbing me in the back with a particularly large and pointy knife. Not that I've ever been stabbed in the back with a large and pointy knife but I expect that was what it feels like. I collapsed into bed and couldn't move all day. Having a wee was, well, interesting. I'm just glad Adam stayed home with me. Luckily the doctor phoned a prescription through to the chemist and, thanks to the wonders of pharmacological science, I am now mobile. My mobility is limited and my back is now painful, rather than in agony, but at least I can go to the loo unaided. Still, at least I have a new insight into the problems of bed-bound patients at work.

The Good News
I thought I'd check the UCAS tracker on the off-chance and I was delighted to see the words 'Unconditional Offer'! I'm not going to break open any champagne until I have the official letter in my hands in case someone's made a mistake but it looks like I will be a student again in February!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home