Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Take one brain and mix thoroughly

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I've probably not displayed the degree of excitement and enthusiasm at winning my university place as you might expect of someone who has spent a lot of effort achieving said place.

That's partly because it coincided with my bad back and subsequent drug-induced nausea, and partly because I'm still not 100% sure I'm doing the right thing.

Everything seems right with this career path - I stay in healthcare which I love doing and I get to go back to playing with machines and computers which I miss (my brain has stagnated a little since leaving IT 18 months ago). I get to learn new things which I always enjoy doing and there are plenty of opportunities for further learning after I qualify - in other imaging techniques and clinical reporting. Career prospects are excellent.

I what is worrying me is the studying. Not the learning - I'm sure I can handle that - I mean the studying i.e. writing essays and dissertions and that kind of stuff. I really am not the best organised person in the world. I manage fine at work, but at home, in my own time, I can waste time with the best of them. I get distracted by the internet, the TV, contemplating my own navel - anything really other than get anything productive done. It's always been a flaw of mine and I'm sure its got worse as I've got older.

I have good days and plenty of bad days - often this depends on what my hormones happen to be doing. I don't have any idea what steps I can take to sort myself out, consequently I'm worrying whether I'm going to bite off more than I can chew. Thing is, if I don't give this a try I'm going to hate myself for not trying and I'm going to get bored out of my skull staying as an HCA. Oh, what a mixed up person I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home