Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Boing!

I hope I am not premature in declaring that spring, my most favouritest season, has sprug! I'd been feeling a bit gloomy lately so it was lovely to go out for a day's caching in the bright, warm sunshine. It had a great effect on my mood seeing the spring flowers, bright green new growth amongst the dead stuff of last year, bees and butterflies, and being able to venture out without a coat or jacket! The countryside even smelt warm and green (except for when we walked past a giant pile of horse manure). Hard to believe it was only two weeks ago we were ankle deep in snow and the county had ground to a halt.

We did find a bit of snow lurking around still:



Considering what it looked like a couple of weeks ago its not surprising there's still some snow there (that picture is of one of the cache setters by the way).

That evening we did something I've never done before - we went to a classical concert. I really only went because it was in aid of the charity I volunteer for, but I really enjoyed it. I like classical music but I'm not the serious listener that Adam is. It was nice to find the town isn't exclusively populated by chavs, which is the way it seems if you go into the town centre on a Saturday.

I nearly got the giggles a couple of times though. Not good in a deadly serious setting like a classical concert. The first time was when I noticed the girl with the cymbals - every time she played them her fringe blew upwards. The second time, I was reading my programme and looked up so see the tuba had what looked like one of the large plastic bottles you get in water coolers stuck in it. I thought I was seeing things. Turns out it was one of these babies.

1 Comments:

  • Spring? You must be joking. This is the third day of solid sea mist. It is cold and damp. You can hardly see your glass in front of your face.
    It may too thick to do a cache today

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home