Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

It's not easy, being green.

I hate it when it's time for the car's yearly service, it never goes as smoothly as it should. I just want to drop it off at the garage in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon, all nice and fixed. I haven't got the time to faff around getting the little bits sorted.

This year's "little bit" number one is a couple of bits of plastic trim - one long one across the driver's door that somehow got itself bent at the end and hooked under the little indicator light on the wing, thus pulling the little bit of trim around the indicator light off. Unfortunately both bits of trim are metallic green like the rest of the car, instead of nice, sensible black. Of course they don't get supplied green, they are supplied black, so someone has to spray them.

The garage don't do spraying, though they did order the trim for me. I have a feeling this wasn't the cheapest way of getting them but, like I said, I have enough to do without trying to find out where I can get cheap plastic trim from, and anyway Adam's paying for it. So now I have to find someone to get them sprayed and the garage reckoned it would cost about £60 or so. Eeek.

I came home with he new bits of trim, black, and I noticed that the door trim has a little inset bit with "Saxo" written on it (in case I forget what sort of car it is presumably) and the new trim has a empty space for this bit, but no new bit. I hope the old bit can be prised off the old trim, but knowing my luck it won't be. Also I seem to have been sold a part I didn't need, namely the indicator itself, but I'm being a bit rubbish at the moment and didn't notice at the time. Never mind, maybe I can get rid of it on eBay.

This year's "little bit" number two is the spare wheel. Just like on the previous Saxo I had, the spare wheel has gone walkies. It lives in a cage slung under the boot and they have a tendancy to get nicked apparently. They make locking thingies for the cages now, but they cost around £100. I guess I ought to see if I can get that cheaper as it's going to cost a large part of that for a new wheel and tyre, which I'm picking up from the garage tomorrow.

Just to add to my fun today, the courtesy car played up. I adjusted the tilt of the seat back and it wouldn't lock back into place, so I had to drive around all day with no back support. My back really aches now and for some reason I feel a bit queasy too. And when I got back to the garage, just as I was getting out of the car, the back locked into place. Grrrrrr.

You know, I even managed to do a bit of studying today too. Roll on next year.

2 Comments:

  • To stop the wheel getting nicked, get one of those long steel wire thingies for padlocking motorbikes and stuff up with and then padlock the wheel onto something solid under the car - it's what I did with my AX, and the wheel never got nicked!

    By Blogger Loretta, at 7:46 pm  

  • I was going to say what Loretta said, but I havent got a Saxo, so I wouldn't know for sure. Citroens are cool. I had 2 Dyanes and a GS, but I guess that's showing my age.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home