Out of Focus - the diary of a student radiographer.

Sunday, March 21, 2004

Wiggly Woo

I'm currently taking a break from filling in the hardest part of the application form for the job I am applying for. Its the toughest part of nearly any job application form - the bit where they ask 'Tell us why we should give you the job' or something similar. The box usually takes up the whole of one side of A4 and you feel you must make an effort to make the box look full even if you can only think of three lines to write.

The hospital have been nice and produced a Word document you can download, fill in, and e-mail back to them. I think they must have reckoned without people like me who have been happily managing with Word 97 and see no need to pay Microshaft any more money for an upgrade thankyouverymuch, as the formatting is a bit wonky thus giving me a bit more work to do. Still, its better than trying to make my handwriting deciperable.

In other news, Adam and I joined forces with 4 members of my am dram group and took part in a quiz in aid of the local goat sanctuary. We came 5th out of 11 which wasn't bad. The team who won were a team who win every local quiz going and take it far too seriously. We were the only team to get 10 out of 10 on our joker round though. It was the 'sport' round and we just gave our question sheet to Paul who filled it all in in 20 seconds flat. He was unsufferably smug when the results for that round came out and will probably be for about a year.

Things I learnt yesterday: earthworms have 5 hearts and pogonophobia is the fear of beards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home